March 16, 2009
Unspectacular Monday. Monday rounds are depressing because we see ALL the in-house patients, so each terrible situation (that it seems would take about 5 minutes to fix properly in “the west”) times 40 makes for a sad start to the week. Dr Nana is away this week so I’m flying solo with the resident. In my brain, I had all the answers on how to take care of the patients’ problems, but of course none of those solutions are available here (see ‘depressing’ above). Only one case in the OR, a saucerization of a chronically infected ankle, so I let the resident handle it and covered the large Monday clinic. Wacky wacky stuff, like a one year old open distal femur fracture with the bone still sticking out of the skin. Laura followed me for most of rounds and watched in clinic, I think she quite enjoyed herself. The nurses did too, because she’s so much more social than I am. The resident joined us later but left again because one of the anesthetist had a testicular torsion – OUCH! Stat to the OR.
Went for a walk after work wandering the paved road up the hill to Baingo. We saw goats, chickens, a pig, and a crazy blue bird with a call that sounded like a freaky robot voice right out of Star Wars. Also, dude carrying a giant chain-saw by the blade. Awesome carbo-loading dinner of potato casserole, buns and cake. Still no rain yet.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment